EV Driver Controls
The EV Driver Controls is the bridge between the driver and vehicle’s CAN bus. It accepts the driver’s input, displays feedback on the vehicle’s gauges and communicates with the powertrain via the CAN bus. We understand the need for flexibility surrounding these issues – as different vehicles have different driver controls and gauges, and different vehicle designers want different interfaces. In order to meet all these needs we have made both the hardware and the firmware for our driver controls completely open source.
Most functional modifications to the driver controls can be achieved by small changes to the microcontroller firmware. As such, we recommend using our hardware solution as a starting point for your own implementation.
PDF documentation for the EV Driver Controls is available below:
Software for the EV Driver Controls is available below:
- Microcontroller Source – 28th August 2015 (includes bootloader utility)
- Driver Control Test application v1.03 (shows driver control commands and status)
- MCU firmware – v4 hardware
- MCU fimrware – v4 hardware (Devices shipped before 2015)
- Firmware update tool v1.06
Pricing & Availability
The EV Driver Controls is priced at A$250 ex GST. Australian residents please add 10% GST.
Please contact us for more information or to request a quote.